Saturday, November 10, 2018

Happy Birthday U.S. Marine Corps!

Happy Birthday, U.S. Marine Corps!
Live life; but, please, stay out of trouble!


"What gain have the workers from their toil? I have seen the business that God has given to everyone to be busy with. He has made everything suitable for its time; moreover he has put a sense of past and future into their minds, yet they cannot find out what God has done from the beginning to the end. I know that there is nothing better for them than to be happy and enjoy themselves as long as they live..." Eccl 3:9-12
Live life!  I can't even begin to count how many times I have told people to live life; enjoy life! I believe some think, "who is she kidding? She's a Christian and a pastor. What can she know about fun?"  My fun may not be like a lot of people's idea of fun; but, I do know about enjoying life; about enjoying the numberless gifts that God has given me.

My husband has retired twice now. He tried to keep working; but, found life can be pretty boring without work so he is still working. I will retire next summer; but, I have a feeling that I will also continue to work at something.

Howard's first career was as a United States Marine.  Recently, we have been spending the Marine Corps Birthday at our son, John's house, as he also served in the U.S.M.C.. The Marine Corps Birthday brings both joys and sorrows. The sorrows comes in remembering the past and so many lost friends as well as the loss of a lifestyle. The Marine Corps was and is truly a family to those who have served and to their families. The joys also comes in remembering all those people of the and all of the good times shared with them as well as opportunities from time to time to see them once again. I will always be thankful for the years spent as a part of the Marine Corps family.

"For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven.." Eccl 3:1

Happy Birthday, United States Marines! Life live; enjoy it to it's fullest!

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: