Friday, November 23, 2018

Thankful That I Get To Stay Home On Black Friday!

Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise. Give thanks to him, bless his name. For the Lord is good; his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations. (Psalm 100:4-5 NRSV)

Today, I am very thankful for a couple of things.

1. I am thankful for the internet. I did my Black Friday Christmas shopping online early yesterday morning so I do not feel compelled to go out shopping today! I do not feel compelled to get run over in any store today just to get a deal on something no one I know actually needs. I am thankful that I will not be in any store today feeling frustrated because it is so crowded that I cannot push a cart down the aisle.

2. I am very thankful that I am a pastor and not a clerk in a store today. I would probably have a very difficult time being nice for an eight hour shift. So, I am thankful that I will not be tempted to lose my temper with complete strangers today. My husband works in a home improvement store. He works eight hours today. I am very thankful that I am not him today.

We each have our limitations and our gifts. I have a pretty good idea of what both of mine are. Therefore; I can use my gifts for the good; and avoid the problems that would come with me overstepping the bounds of my limitations.

Let us give thanks and praise to God for giving to each of us specific gifts to serve others. Let us pray for all of those clerks who have to deal with people who are pushing their limits.

May your Black Friday be stress free.

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: