Monday, October 7, 2019

Praise God for the Rain

"O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is; 

To see thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary.

Because thy lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise thee.
                                                                                     Psalm 63:1-3 KJV

The land may be dry and thirsty as many of our desires are larger than our abilities to fulfill those desires. However, it is raining outside and the land around me is thriving. We are home in Florida. The temperatures are wonderful and I have been outside under the canopy drinking my morning coffee, praying, and listening to the rain. 

It is good to be back in Florida. I have a lot of unpacking and reorganizing to do. Over the last few years we have been working on down-sizing. We live in what many would call a tiny house here and I love it! But, it is a little trick to find a place for everything that we still do have. I get restless inside of buildings. It is hard for me to sit still. But, when I am outdoors I can relax as I am reminded of not what man has made; but, what God himself has created.

To see the beauty of what He has created brings me peace and a greater knowledge of His presence.

May all God's children praise the Lord for the abundance He has given us!

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: