Sunday, October 20, 2019

Sins Are Washed Away

 
Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.

Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.

For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.
                                                                                     (Psalm 51:1-3 KJV)

Not a one of us are without sin. Not a one of us deserve to be reconciled to God. Not a one of us deserve to be acquitted of our sin. Yet, we can be declared righteous. We can and are cleansed from our iniquities by faith in the one who shed his blood for us.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. (1 John 1:9)

St. Paul, after confessing what a horrific sinner he was; but, whose heart and mind were changed when he met Jesus on the road to Damascus; after sharing the story of who Jesus is and his own conversion, asked the people: "And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord." (Acts 21:16)

If you are stuck in a rut, living a life that is dragging you down, consider whether it might very well be your transgressions that are holding you back. Consider if you should accept Jesus as your savior most fully and live a new life in Jesus the Christ.

God's Peace - Pr. J


No comments: