Friday, December 6, 2019

Love As The Good Shepherd Loves

"I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine. As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep." (John 10:14-15 KJV)

What greater love can there possibly be than to willingly lay down your life for another? That is exactly what Jesus did. He died that all who believe in him would have eternal life.

The very sad thing is that this kind of love seems to be unfathomable to so many today. They do not know Jesus nor do they have his kind of love even for their family; even for their own children. Vengeance seems to be the norm for even the slightest infractions even among people who pretend to love one another. This narcissistic kind of attitude and behavior just drives everyone involved deeper into darkness. 

There is a way out of the darkness. Follow the good shepherd on a better path. Turn aside from the anger that envelopes you and do what is right; do the loving thing.

Take care that you do not persecute anyone for our Father in heaven loves them and watches over them. 


"But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea." (Matt 18:6)


Love one another as the good shepherd loves you!

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: