Monday, December 9, 2019

Who or What Abides In You?


"I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples." (John 15:5,8 KJV)

It is only in Christ that the Father is glorified. All power and authority resides in him. His disciples are those who abide in him, that they might bear much fruit. The works of Christ's disciples will always glorify our Father in heaven and not themselves. 

There are three tall (about 100 feet tall), beautiful pine trees in my backyard. At least, last summer they were beautiful. Something bad abides in them. They are called tree beetles. The trees are dying. There is nothing left to do. They are so huge that there is no pesticide that can heal them. They will one day fall to the ground unless we have them removed before then. We have protected the other trees in the yard with pesticides that will protect them from the beetles. The three though were noticed after the beetles had already invaded them and began abiding in them.

Be careful then what you allow to abide in you. May Christ abide in you and you in him that you might have life!

"Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven."
                                                                                   (Matt 7:19-21)

May the fruit that is produced be produced by the abiding presence of Christ for it is by him that the Father is glorified. 

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: