Saturday, January 11, 2020

I Will Not Fear!



I called upon the Lord in distress: the Lord answered me, and set me in a large place. The Lord is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me? (Psalm 118:5-6 KJV)

What, indeed, can man do to us that God cannot fix or heal or whatever needs to be done for our good!? There is nothing. We may be persecuted, hated, attacked; but, God has a plan for those who love Him. 

There have been times that my husband objected to me taking a public stand for what was right. He was afraid that I would be in danger for doing so. My response then was: what is the worst thing that can happen. Even if I am killed, God is with me. I have eternal life. If life in the eternal presence of God; in His Kingdom, sooner than I expect is the consequence for standing up for what is right, then I know that there is nothing to fear in doing His will.

We are saved by faith and not by the good that we do. Rather, we strive to do good because we have been saved by grace through faith in our most gracious God and Savior.

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: