Monday, January 6, 2020

We Are Perishing; Yet Live



For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;

While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.
                                                                                    (2 Cor 4:16-18 KJV)

This morning, my outward body is reminding me that it is perishing. I have been slowly moving stuff into our new home and helping to prepare the house so that we can soon live in it. I shampooed carpets for two days and then we decided that the carpets; although they looked much better, were just too filled with dirt to remain. My husband has severe COPD. It was becoming apparent just from being in the house that the carpets had to go. Thanks be to God that our granddaughter, Ashley, has been working on pulling the old carpets up as her father has been repairing major things like water pumps and replacing drywall in a bedroom. There is a lot of work to be done there that my husband and I could do a few years ago; but, are no longer physically able. 

But, just from what I have been able to do, my body is aching. I slept for over twelve hours last night! I think that is a record for me! My body is getting a bit worn out; but, Christ who lives and dwells in me continues to strengthen me. He  renews my spirit even as my body wears out. There is always hope.

This world is not all there is. The pain and suffering; the trials and tribulations,  the light or heavy afflictions, that we might endure now in these temporal bodies will pass. Our hope lies in living in the eternal presence of God through Jesus Christ our Savior and Lord.

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: