Sunday, March 29, 2020

Show Mercy As We Have Been Shown Mercy

In The Morning; Flagler Beach, FL

Psalm 130 KJV
Out of the depths have I cried unto thee, O Lord.
Lord, hear my voice: let thine ears be attentive to the voice of my supplications.
If thou, Lord, shouldest mark iniquities, O Lord, who shall stand?
But there is forgiveness with thee, that thou mayest be feared.
I wait for the Lord, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope.
My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning: I say, more than they that watch for the morning.
Let Israel hope in the Lord: for with the Lord there is mercy, and with him is plenteous redemption.
And he shall redeem Israel from all his iniquities.
I woke up this morning after a dream that included major flashbacks of my life. It was not good! When I look back on my life there are definitely things that were done or said that I still can't help but wonder what in the world I was thinking. It was nothing fruitful, that is for sure!
As I grow older memories like this seem to still infiltrate my thinking. It would be very nice if they would go away. But, then I consider that maybe God gives these memories to me to remind me to show mercy to others who make the same stupid mistakes. 
He reminds me that if he had not sent his only begotten son to take away my sins; if he continued to count my iniquities against me, I would surely fall. 
We are all sinners. Without the love and mercy of God given to us through Christ Jesus there would be no hope in this world. 
Let us all hope in the Lord; for with the Lord there is mercy and plenteous redemption. He has redeemed us from all of our sins. Thanks be to God!
God's Peace - Pr. J.

No comments: