Saturday, June 27, 2020

Fireflies And Stars

Photo by Pr. Judy Mattson

The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.

Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.

There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.

Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun,

(Psalm 19:1-4 KJV)
 
It was just amazing! The stars appeared to have descended upon the earth!
 
I have heard that fireflies are in short-supply in these latter days. I have not found that to be true. whether I am at home in Florida or Michigan I have found there to be an abundance of them.
 
I enjoy being outdoors. In fact, I get a bit antsy being cooped up within four walls. I know of nothing that God has created that has square corners. I absolutely love being present in His natural creation. That is where I am most at peace. In witnessing the beauty of His creation, I am reminded of his great love for all of His creation and my hope is renewed. 
 
So last night, around 11 o'clock, I stepped outside to see what beauty God had prepared. The sky above our camp was filled with stars. The area around me right up to the edge of the horizon was filled with fireflies. The lights of the fireflies and the stars had no beginning and no end. They were one. It was awesome!
 
It can be a very renewing experience to step outside of our little boxes and experience all of God's creation. The natural creation that surrounds us as well as the people He has given us to live this life with.
 
God's Peace - Pr. J.

No comments: