Monday, June 22, 2020

The Lord Looks Over You

Photo by Pr. Judy Mattson

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.

My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth.

He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.

Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.

The Lord is thy keeper: the Lord is thy shade upon thy right hand.

The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.

The Lord shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.

The Lord shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.

(Psalm 121 KJV)

Wherever I look out from my back deck, I see hills. I am surrounded by hills and forests. I am surrounded by God's creation. My home in a very real sense is a sanctuary; a safe place; a place of peace and a place of rest for me. I have always considered this home as a gift from God for in this quiet place I am able to recognize better than any where else that God is with me and He is for me. I know that He is with me always; but, here in this place I am able to sense His presence more deeply.

God is with you and He is for you, as well. He never slumbers or sleeps; but, always looks over you. Trust Him and live in peace. 

The Lord bless thee, and keep thee:

The Lord make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The Lord lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

(Numbers 6:24-26)

God's Peace - Pr. J.

No comments: