Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Mount Up With Wings As Eagles

Photo by Pr. Judy Mattson
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. (Isa 40:31 KJV)

I am waiting! Been waiting for awhile! 

This retirement stuff is really for the birds. I have grown weary of doing and accomplishing so little. Granted, as I have grown older, I have also grown a bit slower. But, God must still have a plan. He promises that he has a good plan for those who love him. (Jer 29:11)  I am waiting to have that plan revealed.

I may never run again. But, I would at least like to walk in this world with a purpose. Yes, I can still walk physically. I walk everyday while I pray. But, something is missing without a purpose and a plan; a way, to serve that purpose.

Our ultimate goal, at least mine, is to walk in the presence of God everyday and not just for the days I live in the flesh here on earth; but, for all of eternity. In the meantime though it would be good to be a bit more fruitful.

So, I continue to wait on the Lord to show me the way that he would have me walk. I wait for the day when I will not be weary of the accomplish nothing days. I wait upon the Lord for the days when my strength will be renewed.

God's Peace - Pr. J.

No comments: