Thursday, November 12, 2020

His Will

Photo by Pr. Judy Mattson
"For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;" (Col 1:9 KJV)

Eta is going to put a stop to my morning prayer walk today. I will still pray; but, I will miss the walk. It's raining and the wind is blowing pretty good. It is not terrible; but, not good enough to be walking in either. The last time I took my prayer walk in the wind and rain my umbrella was blown inside out. 

I have found that I can focus more intently on prayer if I am walking outside as I can pray out loud. I can actually have a conversation with God. And... everyday, I pray for all my loved ones and all whom I know some of the same things that Paul prayed for the Colossians: that they might be filled with the knowledge of God's will and empowered by the Holy Spirit to do that will. 

May God grant that our ears and eyes and hearts and minds be open to a greater understanding of His will for us and fill us with the Holy Spirit that we might be inspired and empowered to follow in the way that He would have us go.

God's Peace - Pr. J.

No comments: