Thursday, November 5, 2020

Speak With Integrity

Photo by Pr. Judy Mattson
"I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost..." (Rom 9:1 KJV)

In his letter to the Romans, Paul assures them that he is speaking the truth in Christ - that he is not lying. This verse never fails to bring a smile to my face. It reminds me of children when they are trying to create a defense when being confronted by a parent or other person in authority. 

We also swear to tell the truth when we have to be in a court of law before we are able to testify from the stand.

It is good when we can say with Paul I am speaking the truth, my conscience confirms it by the Holy Spirit. But, sadly that is not always the case. It is difficult to know when someone is truly speaking the truth and so we must depend upon the Holy Spirit within us to help us discern the truth.

Paul's truth in Christ, is not always pleasing to hear. Sometimes it is a word of correction out of love. Sometimes it is a word of pure love and grace that is most pleasing to hear. 

God grant that we should we always speak with integrity for the good of those whom He loves.

God's Peace - Pr. J.

No comments: