Saturday, November 28, 2020

Open Our Eyes To See


Photo by Pr. Judy Mattson
Help me to see; illumine me!
And, behold, two blind men sitting by the way side, when they heard that Jesus passed by, cried out, saying, Have mercy on us, O Lord, thou son of David.

And the multitude rebuked them, because they should hold their peace: but they cried the more, saying, Have mercy on us, O Lord, thou son of David.

And Jesus stood still, and called them, and said, What will ye that I shall do unto you?

They say unto him, Lord, that our eyes may be opened.

So Jesus had compassion on them, and touched their eyes: and immediately their eyes received sight, and they followed him.
                                        (Matt 20:30-34 KJV)

Open our eyes Lord that we might see all that you would have us see! Help us to see your truth so that we might follow in your way.

There are more ways than one to be blind. When one is spiritually blind we cannot see the plight of others. We look only to our own well-being. The spiritually blind  cannot see that their quest for more for themselves is only taking them further into the darkness. They cannot recognize the truth.  

The blind men begged Jesus to open their eyes! And, he did! They had walked in darkness long enough and Jesus was willing and able to make them see. May God open our eyes so that we might see the way, the truth, and the light, who is Jesus the Christ.

             Open my eyes, that I may see
             Glimpses of truth Thou hast for me;
             Place in my hands the wonderful key
             That shall unclasp and set me free. 
              Silently now I wait for Thee,
              Ready my God, Thy will to see,
              Open my eyes, illumine me,
              Spirit divine!

  •                       Clara H. Scott, 1895

God's Peace - Pr. J. 

No comments: