Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Rainbow Of Promise And Hope

 Photo by Pr. Judy Mattson

"And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth.” Gen 9:16 KJV

I haven't seen a rainbow in a few months. I, like most people, get tired and weary at times. Every once in awhile, I would like to see a rainbow to remind me that God is with me; to remind me of his promises; to remind me of His glory. In Ezekiel's visions of God he saw the glory of God. "As the appearance of the bow that is in the cloud in the day of rain, so was the appearance of the brightness round about. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the Lord. And when I saw it, I fell upon my face, and I heard a voice of one that spake.." Ezekiel 1:28

We have many dreary days; days when we just can't see the glory of God; days when there are no rainbows. There may be no rainbows today; but, we will always have the cross. In the cross there is always hope.

May God grant you eternal hope in the victory won for you on the cross by Jesus Christ our Lord.

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: