Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Listen!

Photo by Pr. Judy Mattson
And he said unto me, Son of man, stand upon thy feet, and I will speak unto thee.

And the spirit entered into me when he spake unto me, and set me upon my feet, that I heard him that spake unto me.

And he said unto me, Son of man, I send thee to the children of Israel, to a rebellious nation that hath rebelled against me: they and their fathers have transgressed against me, even unto this very day.

For they are impudent children and stiffhearted. I do send thee unto them; and thou shalt say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God.

And they, whether they will hear, or whether they will forbear, (for they are a rebellious house,) yet shall know that there hath been a prophet among them.
                                                                              (Ezekiel 2:1-5 KJV)

There have been prophets who not just relay the promises of God; but, also warning. The speak the truth. They speak what the Lord God tells them to speak. But, not everyone will listen. They hear; but, they do not listen. Those prophets first spoke to the Israelites. Since God love the world so much they now speak the Word of God to all people. The Word of God is Jesus the Christ. He is as he said "...the way, the truth, and the life..." (John 14:6) His words speak to us. They warn us even as they promise us reconciliation with our Father in heaven through him. 

Even though they may hear the truth not everyone actually desires reconciliation with the follow. They will not accept the truth that Jesus has imparted to us. They will  not follow in the way he has prepared for us. They refuse to live in his light. He said, "I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness." (John 12:46)

Jesus is the true Word of life. That Word has come into the world as a light. But, so many prefer the darkness and refuse to step into his marvelous light. They refuse to live life in the peace that comes with basking in that marvelous light.

"And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God. (John 3:19-21)

It is difficult to fathom that anyone who prefer the darkness. But, many do. 

May God open ears so that the world might both hear and listen entering into to the light of Christ that life in the presence of God for all of eternity might be experienced by all people.  

God's Peace - Pr. J.

No comments: