Saturday, June 19, 2021

We Get To Serve The Lord!

Photo by Pr. Judy Mattson

O God, thou hast taught me from my youth: and hitherto have I declared thy wondrous works.

Now also when I am old and greyheaded, O God, forsake me not; until I have shewed thy strength unto this generation, and thy power to every one that is to come.

Thy righteousness also, O God, is very high, who hast done great things: O God, who is like unto thee! 
                                                                             (Psalm 71:17-19 KJV)

It has been about thirty-two years since I asked God to allow me to serve Him and to teach me how He would have me serve Him. I did not care what would happen to me so long as He opened doors that I might serve Him. My own stubbornness has made me veer from this path on more than one occasion. I have failed to do His will too many times. It has been an awesome journey. But, despite my advancing age I am convinced that He is not finished with me yet. He will continue to show me the way; opening doors and empowering me to do His will; to share with others the great things that He has done.

I retired from pastoral ministry a few years ago. Retirement for me was a mistake. Since that time I have wandered about feeling lost without the many opportunities to serve Him. Fortunately, He has opened a few doors. I am most fortunate for having the privilege to serve Him on the board of Sola Publishing this past year. Recently the opportunity opened up for me to serve Him further working with St. Paul Lutheran Seminary. As my hair grows grayer with each birthday and I am not as agile as I once was there are always opportunities to tell others; to teach others about the great and awesome things that God has done for us.

Thanks be to God for the privilege of serving Him.

God's Peace - Pr. J.

No comments: