Monday, August 23, 2021

Water Runs Down My Eyes

Photo by Judy M Mattson
Psalm 119:129-136

Thy testimonies are wonderful: therefore doth my soul keep them.

The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple.

I opened my mouth, and panted: for I longed for thy commandments.

Look thou upon me, and be merciful unto me, as thou usest to do unto those that love thy name.

Order my steps in thy word: and let not any iniquity have dominion over me.

Deliver me from the oppression of man: so will I keep thy precepts.

Make thy face to shine upon thy servant; and teach me thy statutes.

Rivers of waters run down mine eyes, because they keep not thy law.

+++

Rivers of water run down mine eyes over the travesties that occur because of those who would oppress others for no reason other than they apparently want to prove that they can do what they want for their own sakes; for their own power and status. They do not care who they hurt so long as it might help them to look like someone really special in the eyes of others. The problem is the light does shine even on the secret intentions of our hearts. There is no dark spot that can hide forever from the light. In the end the light will reveal the truth of all things.

The Word of God is light. The Word which is light is Jesus the Christ. Seek the light! Listen to him and live life. Let others live life!

God's peace - Pr. J.

No comments: