Sunday, August 1, 2021

We Have Hope In His Goodness

Photo by Rev. Judy Mattson
Thou art my hiding place and my shield: I hope in thy word.

Depart from me, ye evildoers: for I will keep the commandments of my God.

Uphold me according unto thy word, that I may live: and let me not be ashamed of my hope. 
                                                                               (Psalm 119:114-116 KJV)

Since the beginning of time as we know it people have endured much hardship. The troubles often come at the hands of others; sometimes by our own poor choices. Sometimes we allow ourselves to be led astray into some serious "stinking thinking" through social media or hanging out too much with others whose lives are lived in darkness. Sometimes natural disasters are the cause of our grief. 

When troubling times come we often turn to the Lord and either blame Him or  maybe we have enough faith and good sense to trust him to see us through these times. There are definitely times in our lives when the only thing that can keep us up is prayer and hope in His Word; His promises.

We have hope because we trust God and we trust His Word. No matter how horrible things may seem God can work it out for the good for you and already has a good plan for you. Trust him and live with hope in His Word.

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. (Rom 8:28)

God's Peace - Pr. J.

No comments: