Monday, November 20, 2017

Give The Gift Of Love


If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.  (1 Cor 13:1-3 NIV)

I began receiving pre-Black Friday online shopping advertisements over a week ago. I haven't begun to think about shopping for Christmas presents. The reality is that everyone that I give gifts to has just about everything they need and almost everything that they want. Well, maybe not everything they want; but, everything I could possibly afford to give them.

The one gift that some of them have not received is faith in Jesus the Christ. It is not that God hasn't given them this awesome gift. After all; for God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son as a gift for us. Jesus did; after all, die for all people. It is that some just seem to refuse the greatest gift of all; to be reconciled to God our Father through Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior.

As you consider what gifts to share with others this holiday season; consider sharing the greatest gift ever given to humankind. Consider sharing the Good News that others might hear and by the power of the Spirit of Christ, receive this gift of love and life through Jesus Christ, our Lord.

Do not hide this gift like that unwanted fruitcake in the back of the cupboard. Share it. Give the greatest gift of love.

God's Peace - Pr. J 

No comments: