Thursday, December 7, 2017

Living Life; Enjoying Life!

What gain have the workers from their toil? I have seen the business that God has given to everyone to be busy with. He has made everything suitable for its time; moreover he has put a sense of past and future into their minds, yet they cannot find out what God has done from the beginning to the end. I know that there is nothing better for them than to be happy and enjoy themselves as long as they live..." Eccl 3:9-12

Live life!  I can't even begin to count how many times I have told people to live life; enjoy life! I believe some think, "who is she kidding? She's a Christian and a pastor. What can she know about fun?"  My fun may not be like a lot of people's idea of fun; but, I do know about enjoying life; about enjoying the numberless gifts that God has given me.

Among His gifts to us are His people. Yes, there are times I truly prefer to be alone. I prefer to be alone so I can be alone with God and take the time to listen to Him to enjoy His presence. But, I also enjoy being with His people. Often people will ask me what days I have off so they don't call or "bother" me on my day off. What they are not understanding is that I do not work to live, I actually do live to serve. That may be a bad thing to some. It is a good thing for me. I do not mind in the least having someone in crisis call me at 3 a.m.. I would be offended if they did not and I found out later that they didn't want to "bother" me. Other than spending alone time with God, there are very few things that bring me more pleasure than being with and serving God's people. I do know what makes me happy and that is serving others and helping them to know the peace and the joy that only God can give. Ministry is not just a job. It is a way of living life.

It is time to truly live life! Love God and lovingly serve one another!

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: