Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Not Safe To Travel

If you must travel; stay close to home!

In those days it was not safe to travel about, for all the inhabitants of the lands were in great turmoil." 2 Chronicles 15:5 NIV

Okay; so I've taken the unsafe travel scripture way out of context! But, If I ever decide I must travel on the day after Christmas again; someone, please remind me to not do it!

My husband and I went to visit our youngest son and his family in South Carolina Christmas day and came home yesterday. That is the second time in recent years that I have traveled a distance on the day after Christmas. Yesterday was not as bad as the last time; but, it was not good. I did a lot of gritting my teeth and my lower back is sore this morning from all the tensing up. Over an hour before we reached Jacksonville the traffic was quite heavy and the GPS was warning us about an accident on US 95 south of Jacksonville. By the time we reached the accident it had still not been cleared out. The GPS rerouted us along a slightly faster route; but, of course everyone's GPS was trying to reroute them and many changed their course as we did. Traffic was not light, to say the least!

I thoroughly enjoyed the visit; but, not the drive. The holiday travel season is not over, yet. So, beware and be careful as we come upon the celebration of the secular new year. Drive with caution as roads will be crowded and not everyone driving will be sober. I personally make it a habit to stay at home on New Year's Eve to help ensure that I will live to see the new year. Of course, even that is in God's hands. And, may He be with you to keep you safe whether you are traveling or not. 

God's Peace - Pr. J



No comments: