Thursday, December 21, 2017

I Need The Son Even More Than The Sun

When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” John 8:12 

It is about time! It is time for the daylight hours to get a bit longer. Today is the winter solstice. Last night I slept for at least ten hours. By the time the summer solstice rolls around, I will be sleeping about six hours per night if my old patterns continue. The reality is that I need the sunlight to live. I need a lot of it to be fruitful. But; even more than the sun, I need the Son. 

Without the Son the world cannot live in the light. Nothing good can come about without the Son. He came to dispel the darkness so that we might live; really live. He came so that the people living in darkness would see a great light and on those living in the land of the shadow of death a light would dawn. (Matt 4:16) It is time to wake up and live most fully in the light of Christ. In the light of Christ we can see the way to eternal life. In the light of Christ we can see his footsteps and follow him to the place that he has prepared for us. 

I, for one, am most grateful that I will be seeing much more of the sun each day for the coming months. But; more than that, I long to be able to see the light of Christ in the world around me, more and more each day.

May the light of Christ shine on you and in you and through you more and more each day so that others may see the light and glorify our Father in heaven. (Matt 5:16)

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: