Monday, June 4, 2018

He Is Everywhere And Hears Every Prayer


“The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by human hands. And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything. Rather, he himself gives everyone life and breath and everything else. From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands. God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us. ‘For in him we live and move and have our being.’ As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are his offspring.’   (Acts 17:24-28 NIV)

Every now and then I get this notion to question how God can possibly hear my prayers and the prayers of so many others all at the same time. He not only hears them; He answers them. The short and only answer is this: "I do not know!"  

I do not know how. But, I do know that He is everywhere and hears every prayer and according to His good will for all people He answers those prayers. I know this because scripture assures me of this. I know this because He has answered my prayers and the prayers of multitudes of His children since the beginning of creation.

God the Creator; God the Father; God the Savior is not far from any one of us. In Him we live and move and have our being. We cannot say how that occurs, either. But, we believe it. We experience His presence. We know Him.

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: