Friday, June 29, 2018

The Work Of His Hands


Though the Lord is exalted, he looks kindly on the lowly;
   though lofty, he sees them from afar.
Though I walk in the midst of trouble,
   you preserve my life.
You stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes;

   with your right hand you save me.
The Lord will vindicate me;
   your love, Lord, endures forever—
   do not abandon the works of your hands.
                                        (Psalm 138:8 NIV)

I was cleaning out spaces the other day. I was getting rid of those things that I have not used and have had hidden away for many years. Some of the things I ran across were hand-drawn or colored pictures; paintings; short-stories, that my children and grandchildren had created many years ago. I did not throw them away. I hung on to the things that had been created by the work of their hearts, hands, and minds.

If we who are human attempt to preserve those things that we have created; how much more do you suppose that God would preserve those things that He has created. You have been created by the works of His hands. He will never abandon you. He is there with you no matter what befalls you; both good and bad, to preserve your life; to preserve your eternal life. His right hand saves you.

Thanks be to God! He loves you; the work of His hands.

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: