Monday, July 9, 2018

Impossible Without God

"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen."  (Eph 3:20-21 NIV)

It is absolutely impossible for me to accomplish anything without the help of God. I must throw myself at his feet daily just to be able to do what little I am able to get done each done. 
I must confess that, unlike Paul who boasted in his weakness, I am not quite so ready to delight in my weaknesses even if I know that it in the end it will glorify God. (2 Cor 12:9-10) 
I know that in order to be fruitful that it must be Christ working within me. I cannot by own wisdom or strength accomplish that which needs to be accomplished. Yet, God often has to remind me that it is not I; but, Christ who lives in me (Gal 2:20) who does what needs to be done, glorifying our Father in heaven.
Consider how the persecuted gets through each day, each year, each decade. Around the world for as long as Christians have spread the gospel, followers of Jesus have been threatened with torture, prison, and even death. How have they continued to live trusting in the one who lived and died for them? They have continued in faith by trusting in the one who lives again for them and within them by the power of the Holy Spirit.  
And, so we pray and thank God that even though we are weak we will continue to trust that he is able to do so much more than we can ever ask or imagine according to His power within us. 
God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: