Saturday, July 14, 2018

Live In Love


 “As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. " (John 15:9-13 NIV)

Love can be pretty tough. There are ups and downs in any relationship. A lot of the downs come when we are called to give more of ourselves than we're prepared to give. We balk at the idea of sacrificing too much for the sake of others.

But, Jesus did not hesitate. He knew he was heading to a tortuous death for our sakes. His love is so great for humankind; for you and for me, that he was willing to endure anything for the sake of his love for us.

Does not a love like that deserve to be returned at least to the degree that it is humanly possible? Jesus asked us (no, commands us) to remain in his love for us. We are to live in his love; both loving him and others as he loves others. He promises that as we live in his love our joy will be complete.

May God bless you with the knowledge of his love for you and for all people. May he give you the strength, the courage, and the wisdom to strive to love even as he loves.

God's Peace - Pr. J 

No comments: