Sunday, April 28, 2019

Get Rid Of False Gods


And it shall be, if thou do at all forget the Lord thy God, and walk after other gods, and serve them, and worship them, I testify against you this day that ye shall surely perish. (Deut 8:19)

I sometimes cannot do anything but shake my head when I consider the many worthless idols that people around me worship. I know that they know better. It is very sad to know that rather than God, people fall into the trap of worshiping these inanimate objects. Even sadder is the fact that they don't seem to realize that they are even doing it; so there is no repentance. There is no change other than sinking deeper into despair as they continue in the worship of the false gods.

I have been told more times than I can count: "I believe. That is enough." But, what do you believe? Do you believe that the money you're trying to win gambling online is going to save you? It's more likely to bury you. And... even if you do win; will it really bring you happiness? Why do you waste the hours, the days, the life that God has given you to such worthless pursuits? Do you really believe that the drugs (even if they are legal prescriptions) and the alcohol are going to bring you peace? What's up with that, anyway? Has all sense departed this world?

Or, do you believe that Jesus truly came to give you life? Do you know? Do you believe that he suffered on the cross so that you could live reconciled to the one true God? If you believe it, destroy those false gods and bow before for the one who was willing to die so that you might live life in his presence now and forever.

God's Peace - Pr
. J

No comments: