Saturday, April 27, 2019

The Finder

For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost. (Luke 19:10 KJV)

We have a competition around the house; that is to see who is the "Finder." We just happen to lose a lot of stuff. Tools get lost on a daily basis. So does  a lot of paperwork. No one ever seems to have a clue where stuff was left. I lose my keys daily. In fact, I just had to have a key made for the car as it fell out of the fob somewhere during my daily running around. Very, very frequently, I have to have Jimmy call my cell phone when I'm at the church so that I can find it, hoping that I forgot to turn it off or down during worship so that I can hear it ring. I have finally figured out that when I lose the phone at home, I can just go on my alternate Messenger and call my own phone.

We take turns being the "Finder" at home. But, the reality is that there is no better "Finder" than Jesus. It was not just things that were lost. He did not come to find inanimate objects. He came to find the lost so that we could live in his presence. We were the lost and without Jesus we would remain lost. He came to find the lost. Thanks be to God!

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: