Friday, April 5, 2019

Serve God! Enjoy Life!

Howard - Photo by John Arthur Photography
"What gain have the workers from their toil? I have seen the business that God has given to everyone to be busy with. He has made everything suitable for its time; moreover he has put a sense of past and future into their minds, yet they cannot find out what God has done from the beginning to the end. I know that there is nothing better for them than to be happy and enjoy themselves as long as they live..." Eccl 3:9-12

Live life!  I can't even begin to count how many times I have told people to live life; enjoy life! 

Well, working on yet another move. Howard has been retired for a few years. It is my turn and the time is getting close. There is only a couple of more weeks before I install the new pastor and leave my present congregation. We closed on the sale of our home in Flagler Beach yesterday and have almost completed the move into the RV which will be our winter home.  It is being accomplished so quickly thanks to family and some really awesome neighbors at Bulow Village.

Just because I am retiring from the position of pastor does not in any way mean that I will stop working. I will be finished at Christ Lutheran. But, as a pastor I am well aware that it does not mean I am finished serving the Lord. Service to God never ends. The call to serve is a life-style and not a job. Serving the Lord should be and is a joy. Through rough times and good times, it is a joy to know that I get to serve him because of the blood of Christ that was shed for me and not just for me; but, for all people. If it were not for Jesus, I would not qualify.

I look forward to this new phase in life. I will hopefully get to spend more time in private conversation with the Lord and more time serving according to his will.

What makes me happy? Serving the Lord!

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: