Thursday, April 16, 2020

Covenant of Love


For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.
                                                                               (Heb 8:10-12 KJV)

Thanks be to God for the new covenant in Christ!

Jesus established the new covenant making the old one obsolete. The old covenant consisted of law. It consisted of what we must do. In following the law; although, we often try, we all fail miserably. So, in His wisdom and love God, sent His Son, as high priest, to make the ultimate sacrifice for us establishing a new covenant between God and man.

This new covenant is not about what we must do; but, what God has done for us. 

Thanks be God for His love and mercy is great!

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: