Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Vengeance Does Not Save


I will love thee, O Lord, my strength.

The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.

I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.                                                                                                                                                                                 (Psalm 18:1-3 KJV)

Most of us have enemies; people who would do us harm. Turning to vengeance ourselves is not real helpful. The Lord will take care of you.

Spending time and energy to avenge ourselves can be like a boomerang. It could very well fly back and hit us in the face. Vengeance can cause all sorts of legal ramifications for us. And, living in anger will take away our peace. It can make us ill: physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. Leave the vengeance to the Lord. Trust Him for He is your rock, your fortress, deliverer, and strength. 

According to St. Paul: "If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men. Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. (Rom 12:18-20)

Vengeance is God's. Trust Him and live life in peace!

God's Peace - Pr. J.

 

No comments: