Sunday, August 2, 2020

Joy

photo by Pr. Judy Mattson
I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. 
                                                                                     (3 John 1:4 KJV)

Children are a great blessing. They bring with them much joy. But, there is no greater joy for a Christian parent than to know that their children and grandchildren walk in the way of truth. Jesus is the truth. 

At his last meal with his disciples Jesus let his disciples know that he would be leaving this world; that they should not worry as one day they (and we) would join him in our Father's house.

Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.

Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.  If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
                                                                                  (John 14:2-7)

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life. Listen to him; follow him, trust him for by faith in him, who is the truth and the way, we are know the Father and live eternally in His presence.

Joy for Christians parents comes in know that their children live with hearts of peace and genuine joy. Genuine joy comes with knowing and living in the presence of God for all of eternity; not just for life after death to this world; but, for today. 

Preserve me, O God: for in thee do I put my trust.
Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore. 
                                                                                   (Psalm 16:1,11)

God's Peace - Pr. J.

No comments: