Wednesday, August 12, 2020

The Light Shines In The Darkness

Photo by Ashley Mattson
Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. (John 8:12 KJV)

Some days can seem pretty dark. We all face those days at some time in our lives. When we do, we need to remember that Jesus Christ is the light of the world and to look to him.

The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? (Psalm 27:1)

When we wander into dark places that we do not belong, we have no need to fear. Turn to Jesus and his light will shine upon you. He is the light of our salvation. 

"The people which sat in darkness saw great light; and to them which sat in the region and shadow of death light is sprung up.” (Matt 4:16)

Life can be tough and sometimes we make it even tougher by retreating into the darkness. We want out of the darkness. We beg for the darkness to go away. But, we cannot seem to get out of it by our own power or strength. Do not worry for the light is coming! It is always darkest before the dawn. Do not fear! He is here! The light of Christ is with you and in you! 

May the light of Christ shine upon you and through you!

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: