Saturday, August 22, 2020

My Rock And Fortress

 Photo by Pr. Judy Mattson

Be thou my strong habitation, whereunto I may continually resort: thou hast given commandment to save me; for thou art my rock and my fortress.

Deliver me, O my God, out of the hand of the wicked, out of the hand of the unrighteous and cruel man. 
                                                                  Psalm 71:3-4 KJV

Sully or Bubba as he is more often called is a huge English Mastiff. He weighs in at 210 pounds. He is becoming a bit aged and has arthritis so walking can be difficult for him at times. Yet, he remains a rock. He goes about his business with focus and determination. You can nudge him; but, unless he wants to move, it's not going to happen. Fortunately, he is a gentle giant and listens quite well. He is totally non-aggressive and most lovable. But, if he's standing by your side, most people would think twice about approaching you in any manner other than in a most amiable way. 

Jesus is our rock of refuge. He is our fortress. The unjust and cruel will not prevail over those who dwell within the walls of that fortress, which is the Body of Christ. As much as I trust that by Bubba's side I will be safe; I only see him a few times a year. But, Jesus is with me always. It is he who will save and keep us for all eternity.

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: