Saturday, March 30, 2019

Best To Leave God's People Alone


"In righteousness shalt thou be established: thou shalt be far from oppression; for thou shalt not fear: and from terror; for it shall not come near thee.


Behold, they shall surely gather together, but not by me: whosoever shall gather together against thee shall fall for thy sake.

Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy.

No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord."                                                                                       (Isaiah 54:14-17 KJV)

What a heritage! Our God is a Mighty God. I have relied on these passages, quite a few times, to keep me from seeking vengeance. I trust the Lord to provide justice when justice is due. This justice may not come about in the way that we expect it to; but, it will come in God's time and in His way. 

This does not mean that we should not stand up and defend ourselves or others; but, that we should not seek revenge just for the sake of revenge. We should not stoop down to the level of those who would attack others for personal agendas.

It is not a good idea to attempt to oppress the children of God. So, the next time anyone would consider plotting against a child of God or against the church  for their own personal welfare or prosperity, it would be a very good idea if they would first consider both the possible short-term and the eternal consequences.

"The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence." (2 Sam 22:3)

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: