Saturday, March 23, 2019

Get Up and Do Something!

"Blessed is anyone who endures temptation. Such a one has stood the test and will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him."                                                     (James 1:12 NRSV)

Temptations occur on a daily basis. The first thing that came to mind when I woke up this morning was: "Do I have to do anything today?" The temptation to do nothing, absolutely nothing, loomed large. 

The truth is that my body has been hurting all over for a couple of days and I would just like to give in to the temptation to do absolutely nothing today. The other truth is that I know, from experience, that if I do absolutely nothing today, I will hurt even worse tomorrow. 

God has called each of us to live life, according to his will. His will does not include doing nothing ever. Those who love him know that He calls us to love and serve Him and we do that by loving and serving the people around us and even beyond our personal borders. 

There are challenges in life. There are also many temptations to not accept those challenges. Time to get up, get out there, and produce the fruit that God has empowered us to produce. Be productive, live in, and share the light of Jesus the Christ in all that you say and think and do!

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: