Thursday, March 7, 2019

Unknown Sin



Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my thoughts. See if there is any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. (Psalm 139:23-24 NRSV)

We confess our sins known and unknown at least every Sunday. Hopefully, as individuals, we recognize that it may be necessary more often than that.

It is pure vanity to say that we know and have confessed our sins when in reality Christians, like everyone, tend to get so caught up in the ways of the world that it is very likely that we do things every day that are not pleasing to God. We might not consider them sins because "everybody does it." But, does God consider them sins? How many things that we do out of habit actually turn us away from God? 

May God grant that our eyes be opened to see the things that we may be doing or saying that are leading us away from God instead of closer to him.

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: