Sunday, June 19, 2016

Old Tents, Young Spirits

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day." 2 Corinth 4:16

As time passes in this world, life around us changes; life within us changes. As we grow older these old tents that we dwell within waste away. But, the spirit within continues to be renewed day be day.

I have reached the big 6 - 0. On most days it seems that the days are not long enough. I no longer can accomplish as much as I could a decade or so ago in the same amount of time. I am a bit slower than I once was. On some days my eyes are so weak that I cannot see who is at the back of the sanctuary. I wake each morning, with various parts of my body aching, just another reminder that the body is wearing out. Yet, as an elder once told me, "As long as I don't look in the mirror, I still feel young."

Indeed, we, who believe that Jesus died so that we might live in our Father's house, are very young no matter how many years we live in this world. The body may wear out and die; but, the children of God have eternal life. So what is a mere 60 years in all of eternity? Nothing! We are but babes wandering through the wilderness, day by day, with our faces directed toward the promised land.

Thanks be to God; for His mercy is great! He will lead us home. 

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: