Saturday, June 4, 2016

Pray Without Ceasing

Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. Do not quench the Spirit." 1 Thess 5:16-19 NRSV 

When we fail to spend time in prayer; when we fail to spend intentional time in the presence of God, the Spirit can become quenched.

I have found that my life and the lives of the people around me go a lot smoother when I begin my days in communication with God. I take it very personal when things interrupt my the times I set aside for prayer each day. Travel and vacation over the last couple of weeks have definitely interrupted my routines. The change of routine has thrown my clock out of whack and I have found it more difficult to find the time to sit quietly in His presence and to be refreshed and empowered to do God's will throughout the day.

The good news is that I am very aware of this and have found myself intentionally praying randomly more often throughout the day and more often for people whom I do not know: for bikers riding in heavy traffic or rain; for the mother pushing a stroller; for the man in the electric cart in the department store; for the beautiful gray haired lady who worships God with such enthusiasm.

Pray without ceasing! Rejoice that you don't need a cell phone to talk to God! The line is always open and He never fails to respond to your call.

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: