Friday, June 3, 2016

Water and Word


"And people from the whole Judean countryside and all the people of Jerusalem were going out to him, and were baptized by him in the river Jordan, confessing their sins." Mark 1:5

Scripture is full of stories of the water. The Israelites passing through the Red Sea; Jesus promising to give us living water; baptizing us with water and the Word; John baptizing multitudes in the River Jordan are just a few examples.

It is no secret that I love the water and I highly enjoy living near it. My last home was in an awesome cedar swamp on the edge of a bay of Lake Superior. These days, at least temporarily, I am, once again, living just a few miles from the Atlantic Ocean on a beautiful little river. The waters remind me of what God has done for us; for me. He has washed us. He has made us clean and not just with water; but, with the blood of His Son, Jesus Christ, who is the Word.

May God bless us with constant reminders that through Him our sins have been forgiven; we have been washed and made clean.

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: