Friday, June 10, 2016

Serve The Living Lord!

How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to death, so that we may serve the living God! Heb 9:14

So that we may serve the living God... Christ did not die that we might serve ourselves; but, to serve the living God. 

I remember finally getting to know Jesus. It was at the beginning of my understanding of what he actually did for me. I had known about him. But, I had not known him prior to this time. With great sorrow, I had asked God for forgiveness and acknowledged that I deserved nothing less than eternal hell. But, also asked that no matter what my eternal lot might be, that He allow me to serve him all the days of my life here on earth bringing the message of reconciliation through Jesus the Christ in His Kingdom to others.

The shedding of the blood of God's only begotten Son that we might live in his presence; serving God and one another, is no little matter. Just imagine how much love there is in the acts of being tortured and put to death for the sake of another. How much love there is in the act of humbling oneself and putting the eternal life of others before our own earthly desires and aspirations; even our very earthly lives!

May God cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to eternal death, so that we may serve the living God!

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: