Friday, October 12, 2018

Do Not Let Sinners Entice


Hear, my child, your father’s instruction,
   and do not reject your mother’s 
   teaching;
for they are a fair garland for your 
    head,
   and pendants for your neck.
My child, if sinners entice you,
   do not consent.


                    (Prov 1:8-10 NRSV)


Last night I dreamed that I was looking in a mirror. At first, I saw myself. Then I saw my eldest granddaughter and then gradually her younger sister was looking back at me. It was a bit strange. The oldest looks a bit like me; but, the youngest looks more like her mother. I could not help but wonder if in my dream I was worrying that my granddaughters would be following in my footsteps having to make the same mistakes I had made as a young person. But, then I also considered that maybe it was my subconscious reminding me that in the end they would also accept Jesus as their only Lord and Savior. 


Who can tell for sure what it is that our subconscious is trying to tell us? Who can tell if our off-spring will heed our warnings and follow not in our ways; but, in the way of Jesus the Christ?


May God guide them all in the way that He would have them go and not in the way of those who would entice them to stray.



God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: