Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Time Management


Discipline yourselves, keep alert. Like a roaring lion your adversary the devil prowls around, looking for someone to devour. Resist him, steadfast in your faith, for you know that your brothers and sisters in all the world are undergoing the same kinds of suffering. (1 Peter 5:8-9 NRSV)

Be prepared. I am really big into time management. It takes a bit of self-discipline; but, it is well worth it in the long run. I understand that people can get a bit frustrated with me for being so persistent in wanting to plan ahead; to organize my time and schedule. 

I like to organize my time. My desk is not always very organized. But, I do like my time to be organized so that if an emergency comes up I can rearrange my schedule in order to meet that emergency head on and still stay on track with those other things that I have planned to do. I also like my time to be organized so that if I decide to do something spontaneous (like take a nap or jump in the kayak) I can easily find time to rearrange my schedule a bit and just do it. 

For instance, I begin working on my sermons on Sunday after worship or early Monday morning. I do this just in case an emergency comes up on Friday or Saturday and I won't have time. I like to be prepared for Sunday morning and to be ready for anything else that may jump in front of me in need of my attention.

The devil is always going to be there looking for ways to get the upper hand on you; to distract you from the path you should be following. He will throw many temptations in your path so that you are side-tracked from doing what is good and right for you and for the people around you.

Discipline yourselves and keep alert so that you might be prepared for the walls and miry bogs the devil might set before you to lead you on a path around them that you should not enter on.

Be prepared; discipline yourself; keep alert!

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: