Thursday, October 18, 2018

The Goodness Of The Lord



I believe that I shall see the goodness
   of the Lord
   in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
   be strong, and let your heart take 
   courage;
   wait for the Lord!
                     (Psalm 27:13-14 NRSV)


I wait. There are days when I'd really like to take a very long nap while I'm waiting to see the goodness of the Lord. It is on those days I do something that seems to be very cliché. I count my blessings. There is much goodness to be thankful for when we take the time to change our focus from what seems bad to what is good in our lives and in the lives of the people around us.

Yes, sometimes it takes a lot of courage and strength to keep moving forward; to face the evil in the world. But, exposing evil is sometimes required so that the darkness can be lifted and we can see the goodness of the Lord. 

And, sometimes it will take some waiting on our part in order to see His goodness even through those things which we deem to be most evil.

Thanks be to God for "We know that all things work together for good for those who love God, who are called according to his purpose." (Rom 8:28)

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: