Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Make The Most Of Each Day



So teach us to count our days
   that we may gain a wise heart.

                  (Psalm 90:12 NRSV)

When I was very young, my parents often advised me not to be trying to grow up too fast. They insisted that life was short enough and I ought not be rushing it. I know the truth in that now. There are so many things that I had wanted to do that a little bit of wisdom would have helped me to accomplish had I not been so busy rushing through life. For sure, wisdom would have definitely taught me to have a much deeper relationship with the Lord much earlier in life and to listen to him much more often. 

But, the majority of my days on earth are now in the past. There is nothing I can do about them now. There is no going back. I can only thank the Lord that things that I have done that I ought not have done and those things that I did not do that I should have done have been forgiven through Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior. In Christ so much has had to have been washed away in order to begin a new day.

Let us make the most of each and every day loving the Lord with all of our hearts, and souls, and with all of our strength. Loving the Lord is wisdom.

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: