Friday, May 3, 2019

Mind Not Your Own High Things


Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits. (Rom 12:16 KJV)

I was listening to Jordan Peterson on YouTube again last night. He was saying  (and I am paraphrasing) that it is difficult for him to profess that he is a Christian publicly because he understands that to be a Christian means that we are called to something very difficult. 

Essentially we are called to make a lot of changes in our lives. We are called to put God and His will above all things. We are called to serve others, even before ourselves. 

One of my daily disappointments is to hear professed Christians talk about their personal goals. I do not hear about what God has called them to be or do; but, what they desire for themselves. Of course, this is not everyone. I also know some very faithful Christians. But, one or two a day is enough to cause me to wonder about the real state of Christianity.


And... so, I get a bit disillusioned and disheartened when I hear of professed Christians who cannot set aside their own egos and wills in order to serve those whom God calls us to serve.

"When Christ calls a man, he bids him come and die." Dietrich Bonhoeffer


God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: