Tuesday, May 7, 2019

The Flattering Tongue

He that rebuketh a man afterwards shall find more favour than he that flattereth with the tongue. (Prov 28:23 KJV)

There are definitely times when I ignore "stuff." I do not bother to flatter them. I do not bother to rebuke them. There is just some "stuff" that I witness that I know that it would be a waste of breath to say anything. My response is more like an eye roll or a glare and I walk away. They usually get the point. However, there is some "stuff" that I cannot help but rebuke. It's who I am. If others don't like it, they can do the eye roll and walk away.

But, when I listen to undue compliments and the flattering tongue aimed at me, I become a bit nauseous. Yes, I have learned to take a compliment now and then. But, the persistent compliments are not deserved and definitely unnecessary. 

If you're going to glorify someone, glorify God. It is He, not me, who can do all things. 

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me." (Gal 2:20)

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: