Sunday, May 19, 2019

Sing Unto The Lord


Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all ye lands.

Serve the Lord with gladness: come before his presence with singing.

Know ye that the Lord he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.

Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.
                          (Psalm 100:1-4 KJV)


Today I will lead worship at Christ Lutheran for the last time as their pastor. I will be installing their new pastor, John Johnson. I am not really sure how I'm supposed to feel about today. I might feel sad over that fact that I am going into retirement and not seeking another call to another congregation. However, I know that as a servant of God, I will not stop serving Him, with gladness, in any and every way that I am able.

The service today will, hopefully, be full of joy. I will be reminding everyone at Christ Lutheran what God has done for us one last time. This time, I will be proclaiming the Gospel in a little different way than I have normally proclaimed it. I will be making a joyful noise. Instead of speaking; I will be singing. For those who have heard me sing, you know that I am not a great singer. I've been told by more than one person that I sing like a man. The electric piano has to go down an octave or two for my voice. Good or bad; it will be a joyful noise unto the Lord. 

Sing unto the Lord a joyful song; giving Him thanks for all that He has done!

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: